Thursday, January 15, 2015

Shout Out!


Memories, one of those things that last for a while but gradually fade over time. Unless you have an awesome photographer...or photographers.  I never knew how important photos were until I met the miracle duo April & Paul of AprilandPaul Photography. Soon after getting engaged I set out to find our engagement/wedding photographers. For weeks I emailed and googled and searched and read reviews, but ultimately I fell in love with a quirky video that April and Paul had on their site. It wasn't long, it wasn't even narrated, just captioned with a cutesy song playing in the background. After watching the video I felt I already knew this pair. The awkwardness of meeting someone knew and having them shove a camera in my face was eased just a bit by seeing that these two were just like us. Except waaaay more talented with a camera! I rummaged through their blog and website. I oo'd and awed at the beautiful people and sceneries. Check some out here! There was something about their photos that made me feel like I had been present at these beautiful events. I could feel the love. The tenderness of a kiss gave me chills. The sweet smile of a mother warmed my heart. I just knew I wanted these two to photograph my memories.
Let me tell you something, photographers are expensive, but luckily my dad offered to foot the bill as our wedding present and April & Paul worked out a payment plan and set a date for the engagement pics.  April did a blog post about this very issue. Read about it here. I was ecstatic, I almost felt like I was meeting celebrities when they showed up on the day of the engagement shoot. They were professional but not corporate. It was like hanging out with our buddies while they took a few pics. The pictures that resulted were magical. Want to see? Look here! I'm not a fan of posed photography. They look very awkward and uncomfortable. April and Paul set up the pose but allow you to fall into a relaxed position before snapping away. They do this with simple conversation. Basically, this is where I want you now tell me how you met? It worked! They got real smiles and even one glare. The results were amazing! Try picking a favorite....it's impossible! Looking at our engagement pics made us on anxious to see how they'd capture our wedding. But details on that are for a later date. All of this was a long way of saying thank you April and Paul! Thank you for giving me pocket sized memories I can carry with me always!







1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU! You two made more of an impression on us than we did on you for sure! Love you two (er...three!)!

    ReplyDelete