Thursday, January 15, 2015

Please allow me to introduce myself

 For 25 years I swore I would never have kids. I repeatedly blamed it on my selfishness and honestly believed I would not be having any children. Even my husband agreed, we just wanted to enjoy each other.

 We dated for about 4 years before we said our "I do's" . We had a simple outdoor wedding with the reception in an old restaurant known as the rootbeer saloon. It wasn't actually a saloon, and was located in a dry county. A strategic move on my part that doesn't necessarily work when one of your groomsman carries a cooler at all times. The night went surprisingly well considering I had basically planned the entire thing and I am admittedly not the most organized individual. I hand made anything I could figure out how to do and loved every odd ball piece that resulted. I wasn't a nervous wreck on the big day either, I was giddy as all get out though. I giggled like a school girl the entire time. I just couldn't believe that someone so amazingly talented, and handsome, and sweet would choose me to spend the rest of his life with. I was on cloud nine!



 A few months before our wedding, something inside us changed. We both decided we wanted to have a family. So as soon as the wedding was over we started trying. I found out I was pregnant in March, that it was a boy in June, and we met him in October. I have plans of posting more about all of this at a later date, for know I'll just share the 'cliffsnotes'.



 Soon after our little man arrived my husband's mom's battle with cancer took it's toll. She left us in the beginning of December. Though we all knew it was coming, no one could have expected it to happen so soon. Or perhaps we just refused to see the truth. Either way my husband was most hurt that our little man would have to grow up without her.

 All these events set in motion an emotional roller coaster inside everyone around me. I thought back to when I was pregnant and had questions it helped to read other people's experiences. I dove into blogs of all sorts, from birth, to parenthood, to photography and crochet. ha! Suddenly I felt the need to know a little bit about everything.
 Several times the bloggers confessed that blogging helped them keep their sanity. That getting everything from tutorials to thoughts down in one place helped them sort through this beautifully messy life. So here's to those ladies and gents for the motivation and inspiration to write Dear Mrs. Adkins......



No comments:

Post a Comment