Friday, January 16, 2015

Kudos for Awkward

I'm guilty, I browse Amazon's free book lists for my fix. Since becoming a mommy I have invested in a number of books  both ebooks and good old fashioned paper and ink. I get 1/4 of the way through it before the little man wakes up or something equally attention demanding beckons me away. So I found the freebies to help relieve the guilt of all these partially read novels taking up space in my home and on my tablet. I do, however, apologize to the authors of the rare gems that shine through the stacks of freebie abundance. Every so often I finish a book and think, nice, I would have happily paid for that! Though deep down we all know I'm secretly happy I got something awesome for nothing.

Last night I finished one such gem! "The Story of Awkward" by J.K. Ryals. It was cute, it was honest, it tickled my fantasy and would have even steamed up my glasses, had I the need for such, at other times.

Thankfully, my little man loves to be rocked and I'm a mommy that aims to please. Tablet in hand rocking in a hand-me-down wooden rocking chair I lull my little one to dreams while devouring pages of fantasy, mystery, horror, and the occasional romance. I consider this to be the life.
Tablets are handy little things, I'm even writing this post on one. I use mine mainly for entertainment during times when hand freedom is limited. When I'm not using the Kindle app, I Google, anything and everything. I even Google people. I'm not a stalker just curious, I even googled our pediatrician and glanced at her social media pages. Hey, it's there at your finger tips, use it. Knowledge is power!  So after finishing "The Story of Awkward" I googled Mrs. R.K. Ryals. I found that she has several other books available so I can make up for not buying the one. I also found that she is from my home state!  So here is to embracing your awkward and supporting the home team.... R.K. Ryals, look her up on Amazon. "The Story of Awkward" is bound to touch your heart in one way or another. Thank you Mrs. Ryals for sharing your talent, heart, and soul with the masses and high-five for being a fellow Mississippian!

Check out her website www.authorrkryals.com
Amazon kindle edition here!

No comments:

Post a Comment